Lake Dunmore Sleepaway Camp, Vermont USA
July and August 2023 (weekly sessions)
Located lakeside under the Green Mountains and along Lake Dunmore, the mission of Point CounterPoint is to share the love of chamber music in a mutually supported environment in which campers can grow to their full potential. At Point CounterPoint, we believe that chamber music provides important musical and life lessons. For over 50 years, PCP has been the summer sanctuary for string, woodwind, and piano students.
- Tuition cost covers accommodation, meals, child care, lessons and all camp activities
- Festival’s website: https://pointcp.com/
- Open to ages 8yrs old and older
- Chamber instruments: piano, strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion
- Online registration form: https://pointcp.com/online-application/
- Questions: Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration is Open until all spaces are filled
- Tuition Discount: multiple children from the same family each receive a 5% discount.
- emphasizes teamwork in a small group setting
- focuses on the equality of individuals and their roles in the success or outcome of the piece thereby eliminating the “first chair mentality”
- fosters independent problem-solving among the ensemble members without relying on an adult to mediate between them and solve their issues
- exposes the students to a wide variety of music by great composers
- exposes students to chamber music that they may not experience in a conventional school setting
We also believe that regardless of how interested and passionate young musicians are about learning and playing chamber music, they need time to relax and recharge their batteries. Our non-music activities are meant to provide the fun and relaxation that you would expect from a summer camp experience.
All two-week sessions are $3700
- Session 1: June 25 – July 8 for Ages 11-17
- Session 2: July 9-22 for Ages 13-17
- Session 3: July 23 – August 5 for Ages 15-19*
- Session 4: August 6-19 for Ages 11-17
- Prelude in August: August 20-26 for Ages 8-13 $1900.00
Chamber music enthusiasts who want to learn more repertoire and integrate all the skills they learn at camp can consider applying for more than one session. Combinations of 2 and 3 sessions are welcome allowing students to make even greater musical progress.
*Session 3 Optional Extension PCP Abroad: tbd
- Tuition for 4 weeks: $6800